Sunday, February 13, 2011

Skype

If you are reading this site, then you have probably heard of skype. If you've somehow missed all the buzz, however, it's a program that allows people from a over the world communicate over the Internet. If you both have a webcam, you can see live video. I had seen it for first time at my dad's house when my brother and his family still lived in Michigan.

At this point, Karam and I had been communicating exclusively though email. It is a great tool, but it was slow compared to a live conversation. One day, Karam asked me if I had ever used skype. Of course I had and we gave it a try. Unfortunately, she was too shy to talk or show her video, so she used text to respond to me on video. On the second day, however, I was able to coax her into sharing her video with me. She was beautiful, and I couldn't help but tell her. That actually made her even more shy, and I was able to capture the moment.

After that first time, we started using skype every day. We just couldn't wait to get home and see each other. It wasn't long after when I came up with an idea of watching movies together. Since we were both already using our computers to chat, I showed her how we could also watch movies at the same time. This later evolved into our "movie date night" which is a tradition we still do almost every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment