Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Relationship That Almost Wasn't

After the first few messages were exchanged through the site, we moved our conversations to our email addresses instead and the frequency increased dramatically. I just couldn't wait to come home from work and check my email. We were talking about all kinds of things including our values and beliefs, as well as exchanging pictures. I had recently got my hair cut one day, so I sent her a picture of it to hear her reaction. To my surprise, when I checked my email the next day, there was nothing from Karam. I was a little disheartened and thought I might have gotten a bad haircut. Or the more likely scenario: she met someone more interesting. I was starting to get discouraged by the site because there seemed to be so many others on the site (competition), and I was just an average guy. On March 3rd, I decided to give Karam one last email to find out what, if anything, I did wrong.
Dear Karam,
It has been many days since I have heard from you and I hope you have been doing good. I also remembered that you had your phone interview a couple of days ago. How did it go? I hope it went well and that everything else is going good for you. I miss hearing from you so often but I understand that people get busy and cannot always respond to messages quickly. I hope you have received my last 2 messages which contained pictures, including the latest ones with my new hair cut.
I look forward to your reply,
Chris
The reply was almost instantaneous.
Hello, Chris~

I didn`t get any emails after I said I want to see the picture!! I don`t know what wrong was.  :(     never happened before.
I thought, there was something wrong again but I couldn`t ask that if you sent me a message or not.
Thank you for talking to me!!

Well, Could you send the messages again? Sorry for the inconvenience.
The phone interview was 16 hours ago. 7am here. I wasn`t fully awake. haha
I think I said many stupid things.  Now, I just need to wait. I`m kind of worried but don`t want to look back. too late.
Anyway sorry again.
You also bed time soon, right?
Sweet dreams :)
I was ecstatic! Not only had I not done anything wrong, but she was also sad that she didn't hear back from me.

We both often refer back to this moment and are so glad that we didn't give up. After all, our lives would have been completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment